"Snooky Pryor created the amplified down home sound of post-war Chicago Blues. His singin´ and harp playing was influenced by John Lee Williamson (Sonny Boy I.) He recorded in the 50´s on the Labels J.O.B., Parrot & Vee Jay Records. In the 70´s and 80´s he toured again frequently and also recorded great CD´s (mostly on Electo-Fi Records and Blind Pig). In the 70´s he recorded the Wolf-CD “Sad and Lonesome” with Homesick James and also toured Austria. This CD is a mix of unreleased live and studio recordings!!!
Special guest is Homesick James, who is also singing two songs!! This CD is Blues history !"
1. AIN’T THAT JUST LIKE A WOMAN (Claude Demetrius / Fliecie Moore) 3:49
2. ALL MY MONEY GONE (Roosevelt Sykes) 3:54
3. HOMESICK AND SNOOKY’S BOOGIE (James Williamson) 3:29
4. I’M GONNA CALL UP MY BABY (James Edward Pryor) 4:15
5. BOOGIE TWIST (James Edward Pryor) 4:54
6. BLUE BIRD BLUES (John lee Williamson) 5:09
7. BREAK IT UP, BABY (James Eward Pryor) 3:33
8. AFTER YOU THERE WON’T BE NOBODY ELSE (James Edward pryor) 4:22
9. LOOK WHAT YOU DOIN’ TO ME (James Edward Pryor / Danny Schogger) 3:06
10. BIG ROAD BLUES (Tommy Johnson / Traditional) 4:25
11. SNOOKY’S OFF THE WALL BLUES (James Edward Pryor) 6:12